Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Install, configure and support Windows Server on mission critical, production servers.
- Monitor server performance and availability, providing routine KPI reports.
- Assist application vendors with the install and support of their applications on Sisu hosted servers.
- Assist Backup Administrator to ensure successful backup/restore of data.
- Perform firmware and driver updates/upgrades on Sisu Infrastructure hardware.
- Manage patching of all hosted Windows Server Operating Systems and installed components.
- Ensure security of all Sisu hardware and software assets
- Utilize industry standard security practices in all system builds and configurations
- Maintain auditing and logging of all critical system components
- Apply “least privilege” access for all systems
- Maintain accurate inventory of all Data Center IT assets (hardware, software and licensing).
- Conduct analysis and develop strategies for client/server implementations.
- Monitor, develop solutions and respond to server issues.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Technology or related technical field with two years work experience. Or Two year degree with three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Moderate knowledge and experience with Storage Area Networks and virtualization
- Experience troubleshooting and managing Windows servers in an enterprise environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC and server operating systems, including Windows Server, Linux and VMware.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols and standards, including Firewalls, Active Directory, PowerShell Scripting, WSUS, SCCM, IIS, LDAP, TCP/IP, DFS, DNS, DHCP, Patch Management and COBIT.
- Strong knowledge of local area network administration.
- General knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN or NAS.
- Working knowledge of ITIL.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Respond to customer questions and concerns with speed and professionalism.
- Exhibit self-motivation and independence in a work environment.
- Possess strong organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Ability to learn and understand data flow and impact in a healthcare environment.
- Show flexibility and adaptability in handling changing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and pick up new tasks to assist with organizational goals.
- Ability to demonstrate skills in analysis, organization, prioritization, leadership, project management, and communication methods.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical and healthcare expertise.
To apply for this position, please complete our online job application.