This 13 – week paid internship will start the first week in June and is located at the Sisu Healthcare IT Solutions Office in downtown Duluth. Applicants for this internship should have an overall interest in a career within the health information technology industry.
Technician Position Responsibilities
- Approximately 20 hours a week
- Flexibility with daily/weekly schedule
- Assist health care end users with requests for help with their computers
- Help build new computers and end user setups
- Troubleshoot hardware: Printers, Laptop Monitors, Keyboards, Mice, Phone Chargers, Screens, Ports, Bluetooth, Wireless.
- Equipment Inventory and Asset Management
- Trouble shoot on server and connectivity issues and learn about VPNS, Citrix, and remote connectivity
- Identify patterns of repeat problems and ways to address root cause
- Help identify ways to improve support for users
- Current student or recent graduate with either an Computer Information Systems or Healthcare Information Management background or focus
- Interests in personal computers, mobile devices, and end user tools
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with customers and internal stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Phone, Desktop, Laptop repair configure knowledge
- Vmware experience
- Documentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple commitments and meet deadlines, while remaining detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to crawl under desks in low light and trace cables
- Lift up to 50LBS
To apply for this position, please complete our online job application.