The Technical Support Specialist provides technical support to Sisu staff and to Sisu’s customers for their computer workstations, peripheral equipment, mobile devices and software. The Technical Support Specialist duties include installing/upgrading/troubleshooting computer hardware and software and resolving technology issues. The Technical Support Specialist focuses on providing a positive customer experience while helping users with their service request.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Communicate professionally and effectively with customers regarding their technology issue or request.
- Perform remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of computer related problems for Sisu staff and customers using provided tools and procedures.
- Collaborate with Sisu support teams to ensure efficient operation of Sisu’s desktop computing environment.
- Coordinate, recommend, schedule, and perform computer equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Provide training and support for Sisu staff and customers on software and equipment
- Maintain inventory of all computer related office equipment.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and planning to meet current and future computing needs.
- Support the development and implementation of new technology for Sisu staff and customers.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond accordingly.
- Conduct research and provide detailed recommendations for technology products and acceptance efforts.
- Assist in software acquisition and license compliance tracking.
- Develop and distribute help sheets, alert notices, usage guides and support documentation.
- Uphold strong dedication, moral work ethics, sense of teamwork, and professional attitude.
- Completion of a degree program in an IT related field and one (1) year of verifiable work experience in the installation, support and troubleshooting of personal computers, networks and peripheral equipment
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC hardware, including desktops, laptops, tablets, handheld devices, etc.
- Extensive equipment support knowledge with PC and peripheral technologies.
- Working technical knowledge of current operating systems and standards.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC hardware, including LAN cards, and wireless technologies.
- Comprehensive hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting knowledge.
- Strong dedication, work ethics, sense of teamwork, and professional attitude
To apply for this position, please complete our online job application.