The Technical Support Specialist position provides technical support for Sisu and customer computer systems, desktops, mobile devices, peripherals and software. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and software while ensuring optimal workstation performance.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and planning for meeting future computing needs.
- Support development and implementation of new technology projects and installations.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance the plans.
- Conduct research on personal computing products in support of procurement and development efforts, evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
- Coordinate, recommend, schedule, and perform PC equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Assist in software acquisition and license compliancy tracking.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Collaborate with system, application and network administrators to ensure efficient operation of Sisu’s desktop computing environment.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining and upholding procedures for logging and reporting on desktop operations.
- Maintain inventory of all desktops, laptops, tablets, printers and other equipment.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on software, third party applications, equipment, and operations.
- Develop and distribute help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform desktop software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases as needed.
- Completion of a degree program in an IT related field and one (1) year of verifiable work experience in the installation, support and troubleshooting of personal computers, networks and peripheral equipment; OR
- A combination of verifiable education, certification and/or experience totaling three (3) years which demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC hardware, including desktops, laptops, tablets, handheld devices, etc.
- Extensive equipment support knowledge with PC and peripheral technologies.
- Working technical knowledge of current operating systems and standards.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC hardware, including LAN cards, and wireless technologies.
- Comprehensive hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting knowledge.
- Strong dedication, work ethics, sense of teamwork, and professional attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
To apply for the position, please complete the online job application.